Saturday 23 February 2013

The Brits 2013

It seems pointless writing a blog on this year's Brit Awards when I didn't even watch the whole thing (my favourite bit was Taylor Swift's 'look at me with the small dress under the big dress bit, not predictable AT ALL) but i had to make this clear, it fell flat on its face this year. Here are my reasons:

1. Nobody likes Emeli Sande.

Admittedly that probably isn't true given that she won the awards for album of the year and British female but come on, admit it. You are sick of her.
Opening ceremony. "Oh that's cute, Sande singing Abide With Me, nice day out for her".
Closing Ceremony. "Really, again? Never mind I'm sure I'll live, her stylist won't though for that green crepe paper dress".
Sports Personality Of The Year, "Are we sure Sande hasn't got a contract with the IOC? Has she been sleeping with Jacques Rogge?"
Brit Awards. "Right, that's it I'm doing shots of toilet duck".
She has a habit of popping up everywhere which would be okay if her songs didn't make me want to drink bleach. Anyway. Attack on Sande over. I'm sure she is a very nice person really.

2. Adele

After last year's debacle over her acceptance speech I expected Adele to ride in on James Cordon's back, shout "Fuck the suits" and wander off again, but nothing. She didn't even go. yes, she is in L.A for the Oscars but let's not forget. It was THAT performance at the Brits that really made her the star she is today. That said, I still love her.

3. The award for 'Global Success'

They may as well have just named this the 'One Direction haven't won anything else and they deserve an award' award. Even if you don't like One Direction you have to admit they did deserve an award at the Brits on Wednesday night. They are the biggest band in the world right now and are currently number one in 54 countries. Any award they were given would have been deserved but it did feel like they had made it up for them. Like when Adele was the first person to win critic's choice.

4. Taylor Swift's Performance

After watching it back I actually quite liked the whole effect but for me there was one problem. She didn't sing 'We Are Never (ever ever ever ever ever) Getting Back Together' in front of a giant picture of Harry Styles' face. I think that's enough said about that. She also didn't get her sound-alike goat up on stage to sing with her. (If you don't know what I am on about, here you go). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpfQSqfpuac,

5. The snub of One Pound Fish Man.

THE END.

No comments:

Post a Comment