Wednesday 23 January 2013

Snowy Greenwich

Sunday saw the most snow I have ever seen fall in London. Naturally whilst my sensible flatmates decided to stay in the warm and drink hot chocolate I just had to go and explore Greenwich in the snow. I already have such a connection to this part of London, for me it conjures up memories of Summer holidays spent with my grandparents in Lewisham and going to see the Cutty Sark. More recently it has been a place where I go to be on my own. Wandering those streets with so many memories is perfect for clearing my head after a particularly heavy lecture. There are also some incredible coffee shops which do amazing cakes. I always come back from Greenwich feeling very full!! Anyway, here are some of the photos I took. It was so beautiful and reminded me of those Regency postcards and William Thackeray's 'Vanity Fair'.











No comments:

Post a Comment