Tuesday 4 September 2012

The September Issue-Music



Music is a massive part of my life. I listen to music when I'm sad, happy, shopping, stuffing a turkey, you get the idea. I listen to music all of the time. I also have a musical memory that allows me to relate specific times of my life with songs. I could probably tell you when a song was number 1 by thinking of what I was doing at the time. I like my music to connect with what I am doing, in a weird way, so that when I am listening to music, walking along the street it fits perfectly. That's why I have specific songs I listen to when Autumn comes. Just listening to this music makes me long for crisp, Autumn days, falling leaves and my trusty coats and scarves. So here are my picks for the first September Issue post. Perfect Autumn m


Blondie's 'Heart Of Glass'


The Specials and 'Message To You Rudy'

I'm not usually a big Buble fan but I make an exception for this brilliant version of 'A Foggy Day' (especially as I am moving to London this Autumn)

Haddaway and 'What Is Love'

I am aware of what the lyrics to this song really mean but for me it is another Autumn song. The harpsichord is really warm and the words 'golden brown' well they speak for themselves regarding Autumn. 

So they are my picks for Autumn listening. There will be more from the September issue looking at art, fashion, illustration and many more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment